We believe our dedicated focus on specific sectors enhances our ability to add value. We have an intimate understanding of trends, opportunities, competitive dynamics, regulatory frameworks, business models, investor sentiment and appetite and valuations within the sectors we cover. We have a broad and deep relationship network with companies, investors and service providers throughout these sectors, and are proactive in our approach.
Education, the 2nd largest component of US GDP, is being transformed, if not disrupted, by technology. Having initiated coverage of the sector in 2002, East Wind has played a significant role in attracting capital to the sector and has been a catalyst during the early stages of sector consolidation.
Our transactions in the education sector have spanned the full continuum of Pre-K, K-12, Post-Secondary, Corporate Training and Continuing Education. Within these areas, our clients have resided in the following segments, among others:
• Adaptive Learning Platforms
• At-Risk Student Products & Services
• Collaborative Software
• College and Career Readiness
• Curriculum Management
• Data technology and services
• English Language Learning
• Instructional Information Systems
• Learning Management Systems • Marketing Services
• Online Program Management
• Independent K-12 Schools
• Post Secondary Institutions
• Professional Development
• Social Learning Networks
• Special Education Content
• Special Education Technology
• Special Education Services
• Student Information Services
• Test Prep
Additionally, East Wind has worked extensively on for-profit / non-profit alliances and conversions with a view towards assisting our clients in achieving their goal of driving their financial, strategic and/or mission-related objectives.
To learn more about East Wind, please Contact Us.